Tuesday, May 29, 2007

...and the wind was blowing his galleon away in the sunset...

Once upon a time...

Well, all the fairy tales should start in such way and I will not make it different, one time at least in my life, as always I tend to be different from anybody else!

My English is slightly broken and the improvement I've got while living in Malaysia, help to make it worse. So I "beg your pardon" and "ask your sympathy" if something you are going to read anywhere down here is simply "too broken" for you to understand your real meaning.
I will also try to be less annoying when telling my points: anyway as firm Italian man, I can simply tell you that as you came here your own, you can leave anytime you will feel.

Once upon a time, there was a quite shy but naughty rebellious boy, let's say aged 10, waiting for his favorite tv show every Monday night on the 2nd Italian national tv channel. The show was called (and probably still is) "Sandokan, the tiger of Monpracen";

What's so nice about that tv show ? Hard to say right now, maybe because already 25 years passed under the bridge, maybe because I can't remember right now the feelings of a 10 yo boy about far east lands, or simply, I strongly believe those feelings did vanish after have spent 5 years in that far land, now called Malaysia, not in search for any pirate, but in search of more business opportunities, one, before any others, to serve my existing Asian clients, faster and if possible cheaper.

25 years later this naughty boy is living in that far land, once called Malaya, now renamed Malaysia, fighting like a pirate many daily battles. to conquer not the land but the heart of the local people, not to be the new leader of this land but to "survive" in one of those "nations" that outsider consider as "paradise for turist" but that really have nothing to be good of.

Malaysia: 24 million people, 1 million jobless and more than 1 million foreign worker! What does make you think about it ? Why I should come to Malaysia to establish my business and later found that the laziness of locals force me to employ foreign poor workers from Vietnam, India, Nepal, Myanmar ? Why I can't simply go Vietnam and settle down there ? Why...

I did spend my last 3 years thinking what I did wrong to have so many daily problems.
Why my eyes and my feelings in love for this country did allow me to see through that invisible barrier how is really Malaysia ?

When I settle down here, together with my Princess (that she is also local Chinese, proud to say "Chinese" and funny she is the one that daily keep remind me to pack and move away from this country asap), I was confident that Malaysian people can help to develop an already 40 years old family business, exporting worldwide to almost 100 other countries.

Malaysia is made of spoiled, pampered, egoist peoples that didn't learned anything from that bad May 1997 when their economy drop down the drain, when suddenly nobody can't afford to buy a daily bowl of rice anymore.

Malaysia a "paradise" in those laminated catalogs you can surf in any travel agencies in your town, something recalling magic land, uncontaminated beach, etc..
Have you been in Malaysia ? Yes, maybe as a tourist, when local people are so friendly simply because they "control" you. They fix their prices and they know that you "mat salleh" (white man) can pay "their" price that is 10 times compared to the price for local.

But my question is clear... how you been in Malaysia as employer ? or simply as worker ?
No, right ? Okay this blog is for you, it will tell you the story of a 10yo naughty boy that one morning, 22 July 2002 packed his own belonging and take a one way flight from Italy, hope to have find a paradise, a nice place work to work, where to build a comfortable house for his Princess, far from the new Italian "dolce vita", a post Euro Italy where "proforma" is much important than real facts and where people, especially new generation, are empty like a bottle of beer rolling down the steps outside of the many discos...

5 years ago this boy, 32 at that time, start his journey, his new life here, with a lot of ambitions, believing that working hard could made the things possibles, never imaging what is the real Malaysia, a self egoist country where people are more interested to cheat foreigner as much as they can...

My comments, my daily posts will be always only my honest opinions and they will based on true life episodes. Malaysian government is so proud to promote this country as place of freedom and multi racial nation. I have the rights to express my own personal opinion and to inform my friends as all of you are about what's happening here, as all other media are reporting as well.


So if you want a first personal suggestion, chose other place for your holiday, other country for your investment! Don't waste your time, your money here. There are many other Asian countries much better than Malaysia, from my own point of view, like Singapore, Vietnam for example for business and Thailand for holiday.

"...the Majesty, the biggest galleon ever seen, was leaving Malacca that same afternoon. Mr. Berton can't turn to view that old town for last time as the sunbeams was hacking is eyes. The smell of drugs and spices blow by the wind towards the sails was the last thing he could remember from that old deadly town..."

No comments:

Locations of visitors to this page